What are Marketing Development Funds?
CompTIA gold and platinum delivery partners are eligible to earn marketing development funds (MDF). We offer this benefit to partners whose dollar purchases of CompTIA certification vouchers are at least 7.5 percent higher in a calendar quarter compared to the same calendar quarter in the prior year.
How Does My Company Earn MDF?
Your company must use your CompTIA partner ID on CompTIA’s Marketplace or through Pearson VUE when purchasing exam vouchers. CompTIA cannot track or credit voucher purchases made on alternative sites or without your CompTIA partner ID.
- A Gold delivery partner will earn 3 percent of the recent quarter’s dollar purchases when those purchases are 7.5 percent higher than the same calendar quarter in the prior year.
- A Platinum delivery partner will earn 5 percent of the recent quarter’s dollar purchases when those purchases are 7.5 percent higher than the same calendar quarter in the prior year.
It’s Easy to Leverage MDF
- Your CompTIA account manager initiates the MDF process.
When your company earns MDF, your CompTIA account manager will initiate a discussion with your company’s marketing contact. Together, we will review your company’s marketing goals for promoting CompTIA training and agree on co-branded marketing activities that align to your objectives. Our marketing team will ensure the co-branding tactics meet our MDF guidelines.
- Complete contract and implement plan.
We have a simple one-page MDF contract to complete.
- Follow-up and get reimbursed.
After an MDF campaign, your marketing contact completes a one-page reimbursement form. We ask your company to share training and voucher conversion metrics. CompTIA uses this confidential data to identify best practices and inform future MDF activities.
Talk to your CompTIA account manager about your company’s current MDF balance and current voucher purchase goals to ensure your company earns MDF this quarter.