The updated CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam launching September 4, 2018!
CompTIA IT Fundamentals validates essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Identifying and explaining computer components
- Setting up a workstation, including conducting software installations
- Establishing network connectivity
- Identifying compatibility issues and identifying and preventing security risks
- Managing the safety and preventative maintenance of computers
The IT Fundamentals certification is for individuals considering a career in IT. It is an ideal stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+. With this new version comes the addition of the + to further distinguish ourselves within the marketplace and represent CompTIA quality and standards.
The new CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ exam focuses on the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, software development, and database use. With this new version comes the addition of the + to further distinguish ourselves within the marketplace and represent CompTIA quality and standards.
Exam Domain FC0-U51:
Exam Domain NEW FC0-U61:
IT Concepts and Terminology
Applications and Software
Offering the exam
CompTIA provides several convenient options for taking the IT Fundamentals exam. These options enable candidates to test at a test center, school or workplace.
Those exploring alternatives to sending candidates to brick-and-mortar Pearson VUE test centers should consider:
- Participation in the CompTIA Anywhere Proctored Test Delivery System. The Anywhere Proctored program enables you to offer candidates the option of taking the IT Fundamentals exam wherever there is an approved proctor present and an Internet-connected PC (that meets system requirements).
- Academic Site Licenses. Schools and colleges who participate in the CompTIA Anywhere Proctored Test Delivery System may benefit from purchasing a site license.
Exam FC0-Z51 (Non-Proctored) No Longer Available
The non-proctored exam version of CompTIA IT Fundamentals, FC0-Z51, will no longer be available after July 31, 2017. Voucher holders may take the FC0-U51 at any Pearson VUE test center or, if enrolled at a participating school or training center, through the AnywhereProctored system. Exam content for Z51 and U51 is based on the same set of objectives.
||September 4, 2018
||The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam covers foundational IT concepts including identifying and explaining computer components, installing software, establishing network connectivity and preventing security risks.
||The CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ exam focuses on the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, software development, and database use.
|Number of Questions
|Type of Questions
|Length of Test
||60 Minutes (an additional 30 minutes for NDA)
||650 (on a scale of 100 - 900)
||No prior experience necessary
||English, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Korean, traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese, Thai
||Pearson VUE Testing Centers
||English retirement: July 15, 2019; All other Languages: December 1, 2019
||Usually three years after launch
|ITF beta exam results:
||For those who took the CompTIA ITF beta exam (FC1-U61), your exam results will be emailed to you after September 4.