IT Fundamentals+ has been rebranded to IT Fundamentals (ITF+), effective February 5, 2019
CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) validates essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Identifying and explaining computer components
- Setting up a workstation, including conducting software installations
- Establishing network connectivity
- Identifying compatibility issues and identifying and preventing security risks
- Managing the safety and preventative maintenance of computers
The ITF+ certification is for individuals considering a career in IT. It is an ideal stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+. With this new version comes the addition of the + to further distinguish ourselves within the marketplace and represent CompTIA quality and standards.
The new ITF+ exam focuses on the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, software development, and database use.
Exam Domain FC0-U51:
Exam Domain NEW FC0-U61:
IT Concepts and Terminology
Applications and Software
Offering the exam
CompTIA provides several convenient options for taking the IT Fundamentals (ITF+) exam. These options enable candidates to test at a test center, school or workplace.
Those exploring alternatives to sending candidates to brick-and-mortar Pearson VUE test centers should consider:
- Participation in the CompTIA Anywhere Proctored Test Delivery System. The Anywhere Proctored program enables you to offer candidates the option of taking the ITF+ exam wherever there is an approved proctor present and an Internet-connected PC (that meets system requirements).
- Academic Site Licenses. Schools and colleges who participate in the CompTIA Anywhere Proctored Test Delivery System may benefit from purchasing a site license.