CompTIA IT Fundamentals validates essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Identifying and explaining computer components
- Setting up a workstation, including conducting software installations
- Establishing network connectivity
- Identifying compatibility issues and identifying and preventing security risks
- Managing the safety and preventative maintenance of computers
The IT Fundamentals certification is for individuals considering a career in IT. It is an ideal stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+.
Offering the exam
CompTIA provides several convenient options for taking the IT Fundamentals exam. These options enable candidates to test at a test center, school or workplace.
Those exploring alternatives to sending candidates to brick-and-mortar Pearson VUE test centers should consider:
- Participation in the CompTIA Anywhere Proctored Test Delivery System. The Anywhere Proctored program enables you to offer candidates the option of taking the IT Fundamentals exam wherever there is an approved proctor present and an Internet-connected PC (that meets system requirements).
- Academic Site Licenses. Schools and colleges who participate in the CompTIA Anywhere Proctored Test Delivery System may benefit from purchasing a site license.