CompTIA’s Server+ exam validates foundation-level server skills and knowledge, including virtualization and storage. This exam certifies the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Build, maintain, troubleshoot, secure and support server hardware
and software technologies
- Implement virtualization and storage solutions for local, enterprise and cloud environments
- Understand and comply with disaster recovery and general security procedures
- Be familiar with industry terminology and concepts
- Understand server roles and their interaction in a dynamic computing environment
The CompTIA Server+ certification exam (SK0-004) was updated in 2015 to include virtualization and emphasize new storage techniques.
In the industry today, cloud-based network solutions require virtualization skills to operate systems remotely. Additionally, storage systems have simplified with the growing popularity of network-attached storage (NAS), which is far easier to setup than previous Storage Area Networks (SANs). For this reason, we added additional storage components to the CompTIA Server+ (SK0-004) exam.