CompTIA Server+ is a global certification that validates the hands-on skills of IT professionals who install, manage and troubleshoot servers in data centers as well as on-premise and hybrid environments.
CompTIA Server+ continues to validate skills needed to manage physical and virtualized servers, while reflecting the increasing industry adoption of cloud-based solutions. The major changes from the prior version include:
- Automation, scripting and virtualization to optimize server management
- On-premise and hybrid server environments to accommodate both enterprise and small business needs
- Performance-based questions that assess a candidate’s hands-on technical ability
- Server administration and troubleshooting servers, both on-premise and remotely
- Cloud computing as it applies to server administration and maintenance The new Server+ SK0-005 objectives streamline outdated content, while ensuring a continued emphasis on the technical implementation of the job role.