CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) English language exam will retire on July 31, 2021.
The new Security+ (SY0-601) is now available.
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary
to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Why is Security+ different?
- More choose Security+ – chosen by more corporations and defense organizations than any other certification on the market to validate baseline security skills and for fulfilling the DoD 8570 compliance.
- Security+ proves hands-on skills – the only baseline cybersecurity certification emphasizing hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of today’s complex issues.
- More job roles turn to Security+ to supplement skills – baseline cybersecurity skills are applicable across more of today’s job roles to secure systems, software and hardware.
- Security+ is aligned to the latest trends and techniques – covering the most core technical skills in risk assessment and management, incident response, forensics, enterprise networks, hybrid/cloud operations, and security controls, ensuring high-performance on the job.
CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification your candidate should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on troubleshooting, ensuring candidates have practical security problem-solving skills required to:
- Assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
Threats, Attacks and Vulnerabilities
Technologies and Tools
Architecture and Design
Identity and Access Management
1.0 Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
2.0 Architecture and Design
4.0 Operations and Incident Response
5.0 Governance, Risk, and Compliance
Cybersecurity attacks continue to grow. Increasingly, more job roles are tasked with baseline security readiness and response to address today’s threats. Updates to Security+ reflect skills relevant to these job roles and prepare candidates to be more proactive in preventing the next attack. The updated version of Security+ 601 ensures organizations have talent with the latest skills and competencies needed to improve baseline security readiness and incident response by applying today’s current best practices for addressing the latest attacks, threats, and vulnerabilities.