CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) English language exam will retire July 31st, 2024.
Vouchers for the SY0-601 version are still valid through July 31, 2024.
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary
to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Hear how CompTIA Security+ opens the door for your learners
Launch a successful cybersecurity career to Candidates can launch a successful cybersecurity career.
Develop a core foundation of essential skills, paving the way for a fulfilling career. More job roles use Security+ for baseline cybersecurity skills than any other certification in the industry.
Assess on-the-job skills
Security+ is the most widely adopted ISO/ANSI-accredited early career cybersecurity certification on the market with hands-on, performance-based questions on the certification exam. These practical questions assess your ability to effectively problem solve in real-life situations and demonstrate your expertise to potential employers immediately.
Embrace the latest trends
Understand and use the most recent advancements in cybersecurity technology, terms, techniques, and tools. By acquiring early career skills in the latest trends such as automation, zero trust, risk analysis, operational technology, and IoT, you will be well-equipped to excel in the ever-evolving cybersecurity landscape.
CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification your candidate should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on troubleshooting, ensuring candidates have practical security problem-solving skills required to:
- Assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-701) has been updated to reflect skills relevant to job roles tasked with baseline security readiness and response to address today’s threats – and to prepare candidates to be more proactive in preventing the next attack.
The certification exam covers:
- Assessing the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommending and implementing appropriate security solutions.
- Monitoring and securing hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, Internet of Things (IoT), and operational technology (OT).
- Operating with an awareness of applicable regulations and policies, including principles of governance, risk and compliance.
- Identifying, analyzing and responding to security events and incidents.
20% of the exam objectives were updated to include:
- Current trends: The latest trends in threats, attacks, vulnerabilities, automation, zero trust, risk, IoT and OT. Cloud environments are emphasized, as well as communication, reporting and teamwork.
- Hybrid environments: The latest techniques for cybersecurity professionals working in hybrid environments that are located in the cloud and on premises; cybersecurity professionals should be familiar in both worlds.
Unlock Learner Potential!
WHAT WILL PARTNERS GAIN BY DELIVERING SECURITY+?
Including CompTIA Security+ in your program allows you to build a comprehensive pathway that gives learners at any level opportunities to engage and succeed. The CompTIA certification pathway can attract new learners with the foundational concepts that CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+ provide. Bridging these foundational courses, CompTIA Security+ serves as the essential next step, equipping learners with the critical security skills and knowledge needed to protect today's increasingly complex and interconnected IT environments. After Security+, engage repeat candidates with security specializations like CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) & CompTIA PenTest+.
Hear how governments and corporations around the world have confidence in learners with Security+
General Security Concepts
Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Mitigations
Security Program Management and Oversite
Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
Architecture and Design
Operations and Incident Response
Governance, Risk, and Compliance