The new PenTest+ (PT0-002) exam will launch October 27, 2021!
PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. The CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam will verify successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to:
- Plan and scope a penetration testing engagement
- Understand legal and compliance requirements
- Perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing using appropriate tools and
- techniques, and then analyze the results
- Produce a written report containing proposed remediation techniques, effectively
- communicate results to the management team, and provide practical recommendations
PenTest+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
What’s in this version
Global cybercrime costs are expected to grow 15% over the next five years. Now more than ever, it is imperative that organizations prevent sensitive data from falling into the wrong hands. Updates to PenTest+ reflect newer pen testing techniques for the latest attack surfaces, including the cloud, hybrid environments, and web applications, as well as more ethical hacking concepts, vulnerability scanning and code analysis.
The performance-based PenTest+ exam will include hands-on simulations. These simulations require candidates to perform penetration testing and vulnerability assessment job tasks during the exam. To prepare for these performance-based assessments, trainers and educators should emphasize open-source penetration and vulnerability tools and teamwork.